Monday, April 19, 2010

Am I really losing weight..??


So, the scale says I've lost another 2.2kg (4.84 pounds) since my last post. I am so confused right now. The scale says one thing, but my body feels another way. I mean, I can tell that my clothes fit differently and people keep telling me that I look like I've lost weight, but I still don't see it for myself.

I'm 2 pounds away from what I weighed at graduation 4 years ago, but I feel like I don't look like I did back then. My stomach looks bigger, my thighs look fatter---I just feel like I'm still bigger than the scale says.

I looked back at my weight log, and I've lost a total of 9kg (19.8 pounds) since I started this blog... but I can't tell you where the hell it went. I still feel big, bloated and fat. Maybe I should go shopping and see if I can stuff myself into a smaller size; maybe then I'll start to realize if I'm really as small as people say... I'm still nowhere near where I'd actually want to be, however, so I'm still trying to lose.

(sad face)

2 comments:

  1. But if everyone is saying that you look as if you've lost weight and you confirm it yourself when you say that your clothes fit differently and even the scales is confirming it, then is it perhaps your mind that's preventing you from seeing and/or feeling it? If you've already lost 19.8 pounds and you only have 2 more pounds to go, that sad face is unwarranted, methinks...

    By the way, sad face about weight-loss besides, hope you're keeping well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear, I am doing well. Thank you.

    It's just hard trying to match up what the scale says and what my eyes see. I'm trying though!! Lost another 1kg today, but I think it might be just because all I had was a mini bagel and a *very small* okra soup & pounded yam yesterday... alas, was too tired to eat, which rarely happens!!

    ReplyDelete