Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I feel good today...

... I weighed myself today after a failed attempt at CR the day prior and to my pleasant surprise, I lost 1kg!!

Note: I live in America, but I record my weight in kilograms; it just makes me feel better. I used to weigh myself in pounds until my best friend (my scale of nearly 9 years) suddenly switched itself into kilograms and I never figured out how to switch it back!! Hence, my life in kgs began. 1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds, BTW...

Anyhoo... this +2 pound loss has reinvigorated me a bit. Also, reading the blogs I follow has also inspired and encouraged me. So many people are struggling, but we're all doing it together.

Today, I will do better. Today will be better than yesterday...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! And maybe I should weigh myself in kilograms. The number in pounds is just too damn depressing. :(

    Btw, I am African-American. My mother was actually born in Canada. My father is American. I chose 'Africana' as a name because I love the sound of the word and I wanted something that denoted my historical identity.

    I am very glad that I found your blog. I send you good wishes for a better day today!

    xox,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much! I really appreciate that! I like that this can be a place of nurturing and encouragement, without passing judgment. With all my "issues", it's hard to find people in my life who are supportive of all parts of ME...

    And yeah, weighing in pounds is MAD scary... I went to the doctor's a while back and nearly collapsed at the sight of my non-kg weight!!! QUITE disconcerting...

    ReplyDelete